Friday, March 15, 2013

Saying Goodbye Forever!!!

Tonight is the our last night in Abu Dhabi.

This morning I walked in a fog to the grocery store, to buy medicine you can't get over the counter in the US, and spices.

A literal fog, not the brain kind.

We've visited our favorite restaurants, had drinks with our friends who are left here, our visas are officially cancelled, and everything is packed.

After a grueling game of "Will it fit?"

I've said goodbye to several people here, and they always seem to be a little sad to be leaving.  There's a melancholy associated with leaving this place. I don't seem to have that. 

Although I will miss this.

Instead, I've been in kind of suspended animation, just waiting.  There's only ten hours left to wait until it's time to leave for the airport.  I guess I could sleep some of those hours, but I wouldn't want to spoil sleep-appetite before the flight. I keep trying to look ahead at what I'll be doing when I'm back home, but there's only so much planning one can do, and there are some things one shouldn't buy over the internet.

"FOR SALE, GOOD CONDITION!!"

So this is my last post from Abu Dhabi.  I'll still keep blogging, and since we're going back to Arizona I don't even have to change the name.  If we were going to North Dakota or Colorado, I'd have had to change it to "It's F*cking Freezing!" and that doesn't have the fun double entendre, and Cole Porter never wrote that song. 

Nope, doesn't make me want to sing.  OK, maybe a little bit of White Christmas, but that's it, I swear.


No comments:

Post a Comment