Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Hot Pockets: It's for weight loss?!?

I almost never go to Starbucks. If I need to kill some time somewhere with free wifi there are better coffee shops here, with fancy French pastries and cream teas and such. But Starbucks is the coffee shop everywhere in the states, and when I'm with my sister we drive through there. They have a beverage with green coffee extract, which has enough caffeine in it for me to actually feel it. I might have a bit of a tolerance. Well, this Refreshers TM drink contains the aforementioned green coffee extract. I guess I'm a little out of the loop, because I had no idea that green coffee extract is touted as a weight loss miracle (thanks, Dr. Oz). It makes me like the Refresher TM less. Let me clarify that I like the lime flavor, not the berry hibiscus. Hibiscus are decorative and do not taste good.

Anyway, I thought calling caffeine a weight loss miracle was old school and went out of style when Dexatrim did. I guess this is just evidence that there are no new ways to diet, humans just keep recycling the same ones over and over. Low-carb dieting was first introduced in the 1800s and keeps getting repackaged and resold. So please, just use your secondhand version of Atkins if you must and stop handing forkfuls of cash to new "experts". All their good recipes are online anyway.



No comments:

Post a Comment