Monday, February 13, 2012

The best thing since...

Today's topic is something that's near and dear the American heart.  You may not realize it, because you've never been without it, but Wonderbread is one of the most amazing foods money can buy.  It's cheap, soft, delicious, and has a variety of uses. Bread here is a joke.

Nice try, Lulu's, but I'm not laughing

It stays soft about 4 hours after you open it, gets moldy in two or three days, and always always the crust falls off.  The crust falling off would be fine if I were a 5-year-old, but I'm not, I'm an adult, and I like crust. 

This is Arabic bread:

5 pieces, 1 dirham

On the plus side, it's ultra-cheap.  This cost me a quarter (which is why I bought some just so I could take a photo of it for this blog post) and will last at least a week.  I'll probably cut it in half and fill it like a pita pocket full of bad stuff and toast it.  Cheese, bacon, and beef is my current favorite combination;  probably not what the Bedouins do with it. 

Bacon Cheeseburger Pitas aren't really their thing

But now, just recently, a miracle.  A new bread, not the $6-a-loaf imported from the UK so it's not really fresh anyway, but a local bread has appeared in the store.


Please leave your suggestions for what the brand name might be in the comments

It's Wonderbread!!  I can't tell you how excited I was to eat this bread after a year without the soft, white goodness of Wonderbread.  Thank goodness it comes with instructions on how to use it.

Really?

So for the last week I've eaten sandwiches everyday, and feel good about sending them to work with Dan as lunch.  It lets me be too lazy to cook again sometimes.  Huzzah, for Arabic Wonderbread!

Pepper turkey, bacon, garlic gouda, butter lettuce, and mustard

No comments:

Post a Comment