Tuesday, February 7, 2012

I do hippy stuff

Dan thinks I'm going to go totally crunchy when we get back to the  States.  I talk about having chickens and a garden and a compost heap.  Maybe that's just a reaction to the fact that you can't even recycle here.  There are bins marked "Recycling" in some of the more upscale neighborhoods and on the Corniche (Boardwalk), but they all get dumped into the same trucks, so maybe I'm just reacting to the total lack of environmentalism here.  Or maybe I'm just crazy.  Maybe both.

I don't own a vase, but I do own several empty liquor bottles
I keep the containers from the deli or food items that I could use again.

Just like any good 80-year-old

This is what I keep my Kosher Salt in:

Yes, it's an empty face cream container.  I washed it.
I rinse my hair with a lemon juice solution to prevent scalp itch, I put apple cider vinegar in my bath as an antibacterial.  It prevents yeast and athlete's foot.  Scented fabric softener makes me itch, so I use white vinegar instead.

Some people make their own laundry soap too.  I'm not that crazy yet.

I wash my face with oil.  Seriously.  Instead of any expensive products, I just use a mixture of almond and castor oils.  I haven't put anything else on my face (except sunscreen) since I started in October.  The results have been so amazing even Dan does it now.

It works AND it's cheap.  What's not to love?

This is a collection of used batteries and dead light bulbs awaiting a place I can take them to be recycled.

Someday you'll be disposed of in an environmentally friendly way, my pretties.  Be patient.

TMI WARNING: Feminine stuff ahead

I am trying out the Diva Cup.  It's a reusable, silicone menstrual cup that can last up to 5 years if cared for properly.  If it works, it'll keep all the used feminine products I currently use out of landfills.

Don't think about it too hard, man reading this.  Just don't.
So, as a right and proper woman who does crazy things, my next plan is to protest this sign


That was recently put up at my local mall.  If I want to wear a tank top, I'm going to, and we'll see if security will actually throw me out.  Fight the Power!

The shoulders that brought down the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment