Friday, July 19, 2013

My Birthday Should be a National Holiday

I know, everyone says that. They're so important that everyone should celebrate their birthday or (more likely), people just don't want to work on their birthday. I'm sure I'd feel the same way if I understood what "work" was and why people didn't want to go there.  My granny tried to explain it to me, but I just didn't understand.  Something about getting up and putting on make up and leaving the house.  All quite a puzzle to me really.

Is it related to the band who sings "Down Under"?

Anyway, my birthday really should be a national holiday, possibly and international holiday.  Not because of myself, but because it is the anniversary of the moon landing.

July 20, 1969

This year will be the 44th anniversary of the day human beings first stepped on to another planet.  It wasn't the first exploration into space…

Dogs and chimps beat humans to it

…but it is the day humans walked where no human has walked before.  And that's important.  It's an important day in human history and we all should be celebrating it. Not necessarily with cake like I am...

Ice cream and pandas, of course

but possibly with bottle rockets.

There's no occasion that can't be made better with fireworks

So Happy Birthday to myself and Congratulations Humanity for taking that one big step for mankind!

Next stop: Mars!

No comments:

Post a Comment