Friday, October 11, 2013

Hot Pockets: Beauty should be for yourself

So tonight I waxed my lip. It's the only part of my body I do wax, because it's the only convenient place I can do myself that actually works. I pretty much suck at all things beauty-related, and I'm kinda falling off the body-hair-removal bandwagon (that's a thing right? I m sure it's a thing. Moving on). Now that it's winter, or at least getting there, I'll probably stop shaving my legs until I can feel the wind blowing through it, with the exception of our cruise to the Caribbean. It's gonna be cold, you'll need that hair! Anyway, tonight I waxed my lip, and I only do it for myself, which is good, because here how a typical post-wax conversation goes with my husband:
Dan: You have something on your lip.
Me: No way, I just waxed it. I was starting to look like an Italian fishwife.
Dan: It's all red and shiny.
Me: That's the stuff you put on afterwards to get rid of the wax and soothe the skin.
Dan: I didn't even notice the hair.

So ladies, if you're subjecting yourself to an uncomfortable beauty regimen for any reason that it makes you feel better: stop. It's football season, hunting season, and there's a new Grand Theft Auto. You should also be working on your Halloween costume. Don't be a sexy hamburger. 

My tongue is sure enjoying this smooth upper-lip though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment