Wednesday, January 4, 2012

How was your day, Honey?

Dan rarely asks me this.  I think it's mostly that he doesn't think to, because generally what I do is so boring/pointless and I will chatter about it for the rest of the evening anyway.  For those unfamiliar with my routine (everyone), here's a rundown of today, Wednesday January 4, 2012:

Woke up about 4am.  Sounds early, but since I rarely sleep a whole night through without medicinal help, I was satisfied.  The next couple hours are devoted to surfing the internet and watching Turner Classic Movies (Pan Europe).  I start to toy with the idea of going to the gym.  It takes a few hours for the idea to take root and blossom into action, but it does mid-morning, so I head down to kill it on the elliptical and work my arms.  I am a little afraid of getting Hulk arms, so I haven't upped my weight in over a month.  After a shower and some more TCM Pan Europe (I don't care for Glenn Ford.  He's a handsome enough man, but I much prefer George Brent), I go to the store.  It's a brief walk through a parking lot, and the grocery store is in the mall.  I have dressed like it's winter in a tank top, flannel shirt, and jeans, which is a mistake.  It's 70 degrees outside, but approaching 80 inside the mall.  I think building management works on the principle that since it's winter, air conditioning isn't necessary.  They are wrong.

Pictured: Winter


Now I have returned from the store with much more food than I intended (I went hungry, you know how that is), and I'm eating a pretty delicious turkey club on oregano ciabatta bread.  The "club" part is turkey bacon, but on a sandwich it's acceptable.

(Note to Dan's former boss: Turkey bacon is not "just as good or better" than real bacon.  That's a lie you told yourself because your cholesterol is high)

Forecast for the rest of the day:  Dinner, with a chance of snuggling.  Possible brownies.

No comments:

Post a Comment