Monday, January 9, 2012

Today is Dan's Birthday

I think he might be getting too old for me, me being a dazzling 20-something and him being a 30-something, but that is another post.  On to the topic at hand: Birthday Goodies!

I'm no good at cakes.  I don't know why, but their light, fluffy moistness seems to elude me, and I can't blame it entirely on my terrible oven.  So I decided on this recipe for German Chocolate Brownies.  Brownies I can do with my eyes closed.  Then of course my food processor didn't work.  I don't know what's wrong, it's one I carted back from New Jersey on my recent trip and this was it's first test.  It failed.  Well, on to Plan B.

There wasn't a Plan B.

I rolled up my sleeves (metaphorically, I hate sleeves, which is one reason Islam and I don't get along.  My arms and shoulders like to be free), and decided to fake it.  Over the weekend I faked a batch of White Chocolate Cherry Macadamia Nut Cookies and they are delicious.  Dan was supposed to take them to work to prevent me from eating them all, but he's too late, I refuse to give them up, even if I have to sleep with them nestled under my pillow.  The first step in faking a recipe is a rum and coke.  Trust me, it's essential.

I don't know where they're hiding the free can.  Looks like a regular 6-pack to me.

After that, I decided to find a nice fudgy brownie recipe, make it bigger (so it fits in a 9x13 inch pan) and make it fudgier.  While it cooled, I started on the german frosting part of the brownies, and realized Dan would be home soon....oops!  So much for my plan to make chicken and trans-fats alfredo.  So we called in for Texas Chicken (Church's Chicken for my American readers),



and watched Saturday Night Live.

Fans of Discovery ID know they need more programming
The brownies came out delicious, according to Dan.  I wouldn't know, I don't like coconut.

Festivities to be continued on Friday with a trip to Dubai so I can visit the craft store and we can eat at the Red Lobster in the Dubai Mall.

Update:  The problem wasn't with the food processor, it was with my inability to determine which plug gadgets are required to make things with different voltages work.  My bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment